Did you know your feet play an important role in your overall health and well-being? Foot problems can affect more than just your feet. Certain foot conditions can lead to pain or discomfort in the knees, legs, hips, or lower back. Seeing a podiatrist, or foot doctor, regularly can help you enjoy healthier feet. The board-certified foot doctors at Cascade Foot Center in Salem, OR, diagnose and treat all types of foot problems.
Signs You Should See a Podiatrist
You should see a foot doctor at least once a year to ensure your feet and ankles are strong and healthy. The podiatrist can identify issues that could potentially lead to an injury or a foot condition down the road and help you take steps to prevent problems and maintain healthy feet.
Even if you are not due for your annual checkup, it is best to see the podiatrist right away if you have sustained a foot or ankle injury or have developed a condition, such as plantar fasciitis. Treating an issue promptly helps prevent it from becoming worse and leading to long-term problems. When being treated for an injury or foot condition it might be necessary to see the doctor more frequently.
Some signs you should see a foot doctor for treatment include:
- Foot or ankle issues that have persisted for two or more weeks
- Pain, tenderness, swelling, or redness in the feet or ankles
- Severe peeling, cracking, or scaling on the heels
- Changes in the skin or toenails on the feet
- Ongoing foot or ankle pain
- Blisters on the feet
- Chronic heel pain
Benefits of Seeing a Podiatrist
The foot doctors at our Salem, OR, podiatry practice diagnose and treat a diverse range of foot and ankle issues, including sprained ankles, plantar fasciitis, achilles tendon injuries, hammertoes, bunions, and flat feet. Our podiatrists also provide diabetic foot care and much more. They can help you achieve and maintain healthy feet and ankles.
Some key benefits of seeing a podiatrist often include:
- Specialized foot and ankle care
- Treatment is tailored to the needs of the patient
- Recommendations for preventing foot and ankle problems
- Help with pain relief and symptom management
- Ensure proper healing of injuries, including sports injuries
- Individualized footwear recommendations
It’s best to see the foot doctor at least once every year, but more frequent visits are needed when being treated for an injury or a specific condition. The experienced podiatrists at our foot center can determine how often you need to come in. To schedule an appointment with a foot doctor in Salem, OR, call Cascade Foot Center at (503) 588-8188.